We are currently searching for a Spanish Speaking Clinician to provide outpatient clinical services to children & their families in Danbury and Waterbury.
This is a master’s professional-level clinical position. The Clinician delivers clinical services to children and adolescents birth to age 18 and their families utilizing a variety of treatment modalities, including individual, group, parent and family therapy sessions. This position requires considerable independence of judgment.
The Clinician must develop and maintain daily client case records in accordance with all agency policies and standards. The clinician must collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team, which includes the Clinic Coordinator, Supervisor, nurse practitioners, psychiatrist, medical director, DCF caseworkers, school agents, parents, family members, foster parents and other necessary team members.
CORE PERFORMANCE FACTORS
Key Direct Services:
- Maintain a productivity level of 25 billable client sessions per week.
- Caseload averages 40-50 children/youth to achieve productivity level.
- Quarterly incentive bonus for exceeding productivity level.
- Utilize Carelogic, electronic clinical record, for all case documentation
- Applies experience, knowledge and ability to initiate and establish the clinical process.
- Conducts accurate clinical & risk assessments of children’s mental and behavioral conditions using applied methods and DSM 5 diagnoses.
- Assesses the need for referral for psychiatric evaluation.
- Provides thorough case management to children and families.
- Designs and implements clinical treatment plans of selected mental and behavioral DSM 5 diagnoses.
- Provides effective clinical and therapeutic treatment to child and adolescent clients and their families.
- Provides linkages to social, recreational and vocational resources.
- Maintains knowledge and awareness of available community resources
- Completes clear and understandable required record-keeping in a timely manner.
- Participates in Rounds and supervision with Clinical Program Director.
- Participates in agency and outside trainings, and workshops.
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining a professional licensure.
- Abides by all practice standards.
- Works independently regularly exercising discretion and judgment.
GENERAL PERFORMANCE FACTORS
The performance factors described here are representative of the conduct required from all Family & Children's Aid staff members in order to successfully fulfill the requirements of this position.
- Professionalism -Conducts self as a professional in style and actions; professional self presentation.
- Teamwork - Maintains cooperative and respectful peer relationships and contributes as an active team member.
- Reliability – Acts in a manner that demonstrates reliability, trustworthiness and persistence.
- Policy and Procedure - Adheres to program-specific and agency-wide policies and procedures.
- Quality of Work - Demonstrates innovation, passion, knowledge and creativity in work.
- Communication - Maintains effective written, oral and communication skills.
- Supervision - Actively participates in the supervision process.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Cognitive capacity to write and communicate, orally, in standard English.
- Intellectual, emotional, and physical capacity to manage unpredictable clients.
- Work involves walking, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms.
- Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate effectively by phone or in person at normal volumes.
- Vision adequate to read correspondence, computer screen, forms, etc.
- Good manual dexterity and ability to write legibly.
- Competitive Compensation with Quarterly Incentive Plan
- Weekly Payroll with Free Direct Deposit
- Major Medical Insurance, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance, AD&D and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Schedule based on Clinician and Client availability
- Paid Time Off Policy to support Work-Life Balance. Year 1: 4 weeks / Year 2: 5 weeks / Year 3-5: 6 weeks / Year 6-10: 7 weeks / Year 11+: 8 weeks
- Retirement Plan with 5% match
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
FCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
Related keywords: mental health, clinician, counselor, social work
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $59,280.00 - $64,480.00 per year
Temporary partial Telework from home allowed. Temperature checks, masks for staff and clients required when in person, fully vaccinated staff do not have to wear masks when with other fully vaccinated staff.