Treatment Support Worker - Weekend Afternoon ( Group Homes)
The Treatment Support Worker provides care to adolescents living in a Level II therapeutic group home treatment setting. Working under the direct supervision of the Shift Coordinator and Residential Manager, the Treatment Support Worker acts as a positive role model and is charged with the fundamental responsibility of the residents' health and safety.
- Saturday - Sunday 2 pm - 10 pm
Responsible for providing all aspects of direct care to residents in the group home treatment setting:
- Act as a positive role model for the residents demonstrating self-respect, dignity, and adherence to treatment and agency goals.
- Assist in maintaining proper staff/resident ratio (1:3).
- Ensure residents are maintaining all daily hygiene and healthy habits.
- Engage residents in activities that promote social, emotional, and intellectual learning.
- Coordinate and supervise homework and provide educational support.
- Complete tasks as assigned by the Shift Coordinator, Residential Manager, Program Coordinator and Program Director.
- De-escalate emotional and behavioral problems that may arise with the residents.
- Fulfill the shift duties which may include general housework, cooking and cleaning.
- Provide a safe, supportive, nurturing, and healthy environment for the residents.
- Participate in meal planning, preparation and serving of nutritious meals.
- Maintain daily log and progress notes for each child while ensuring confidentiality.
- Report all concerns to the Chain of Command (Shift Coordinator, Residential Manager, Program Coordinator and Program Director).
- Maintain therapeutic environment outside of the group home.
FCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- Must have a clean criminal history.
- Must have a clean pre-employment drug test, post-offer physical and TB screening.
- Must be punctual, arrive on time for shifts and follow agency procedure for absences.
- Must be able to stay awake through the full shift.
- Must have knowledge, skills, abilities, and the desire to work with adolescents.
- Valid CT driver’s license and clean driving record preferred.
- Related experience working with clients who have behavioral and emotional difficulties strongly preferred.